This area of work is of particular significance to us. Done well, it can make a difference to an organisation in a short space of time. It is often the foundation for more specialist work. Our process helps organisations understand themselves better but also provides value to boards, funders and investors seeking deeper insights into the organisations they support and work with.
Different assessment frameworks stress different aspects of organisational performance. We apply different approaches depending on the context. However, the core elements remain the consistent:
- Mission alignment
- Strategic framework and coherence
- Business planning and reporting
- Financial performance & viability
- Sustainability and impact evaluation
- Capacity and capability
- Leadership and governance
- Business and financial advisors to Arts Council England, undertaking assessments of funded organisation’s organisational effectiveness and financial viability.
- Comprehensive assessment of a not for profit organisation providing critical infrastructure to the research industry as it transitioned to a new phase of growth.
- Funding model review for a household name UK charity, providing options appraisal for future partnerships with its core stakeholders.
Demonstrated an ability to navigate complexity and link things together in a meaningful way. Open and frank, a great listener, and worked to build consensus wherever possible. Work was deeply appreciated by both the Board and the senior team and set us up well for the next stage of our journey.Linda O’Brien, ORCID Chair